Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Still too cold outside! Groovyghan status.

This is the first week since Christmas that we are not going to get a 'significant' amount of snow.  But, unfortunately, the temps won't be going above 30F for at least a week! To explain what that means for those of you who may never have experienced this type of temperatures, I took the dogs out for a run in the field, and after only half an hour my fingers were so cold, they had become numb!  Got back about 3 hours ago and I can still feel the effects.  And yes, I was wearing gloves! 

Finally got the final skeins of yarn for the Groovyghan (see previous post).  Though I had already started some of the blocks, I'm not real happy with them. The colors are great, it's the pattern stitches.  I did the blocks as per the pattern, but I'm really wanting something a bit more visual.  Need to hit my pattern diary to come up with something.  If anyone has any ideas, I'm looking for a 7" textural circle in a square.  These blocks are the ones on the left hand row of the afghan shown in the last post.

Had a great lunch out with my son today!  Since I had needed to go to the store to get the yarn, I drove him to college this morning, and upon picking him up we stopped at the Bee Hive in Sandwich.   Thanks Kiddo!

Oh, and I've been informed that I need to start posting some pics, especially of the crocheting.  I'll get right on that!

Hope all are safe, well and warm!

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment